Saturday, January 28, 2012

In Progress Updates

I'm usually the first person to admit that they have way too much work to do, and I've found myself in that exact situation. My personal project list has gotten too long. On top of my day job and all of my commissions, I need to get some of these little things done and out of the way.

So, I've come up with some sort of progress schedule for each of the projects on my plate.

It starts with the Claptrap Figurine. I haven't touched it for a few months and it's time to finish the carving and get on with the painting. I have the major details done, save for the arms and facial lens, so this can be easily finished within the month.

The Watchmen Poster Series has been... retooled into a singular poster in the style of a rough painting/propaganda poster. I have the basic design on paper, which includes Dr. Manhattan, Nite Owl, Rorschach, and the Comedian. On a similar note, the Marvel Steampunk Series is almost out of planning and ready to go. Both of these should be golden in one or two months time.

My most recent obsession with creating my own d20 adaptation for the Firefly (and even more recent Mass Effect) universe has been going along swimmingly, especially with the help from friends (shoutout to Steve) and family. It's in the development stages now, but I am able to work on it anywhere so it shouldn't take much longer to make playable. Then the hard part, playtesting.

Lastly, I'm finally going to make the costume I've always wanted to make: Altair and Ezio from the Assassin's Creed series. The plan is to come up with a modular design for the hidden blades that works with two strings (the only solution without being a mechanical engineer and switchblade expert) so that I can efficiently craft each bracer. After the hidden blades, the costume will slowly come together, once I get leatherworking supplies, fabric for the clothing, and start work on wooden replicas of the swords and knives. And to be convention friendly, all blades will be cast in resin and the only metallic part in the hidden blade will be a singular spring. As a result of all the detail, this project is very long term, and I don't think it will be complete until next year.

There are also some other projects in the planning stages, but I can't talk about them at this point. Stay tuned for more updates as the weeks go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment